Bishnu Kumar Adhikary 教員一覧に戻る
准教授 ： Bishnu Kumar Adhikary
Recent scandals by some corporate stalwarts such as Enron, WorldCom, Tyco International, Xerox, and Toshiba raised enormous concerns for the shareholders as to how to limit managers’ self-interest maximizing behavior. Can we say that the traditional governance mechanism is becoming ineffective in curbing managerial opportunism? If so, what are the modern governance instruments? How the accounting people can ensure the quality functioning and sustainable growth in today’s sophisticated business environment. Among many things, the MBA program answers these questions. Finally, if you are interested in building a career in the corporates or doing business and earning money, you need to go for MBA.
- Environmental Accounting
- Business Analysis and Valuation
- Critical and Analytical Thinking
- Master Thesis and Research Project I, II, III
- Corporate Governance
- Earnings Management
- Integrated reporting
- Private Equity
履歴等M.Com (Accounting), Dhaka University; MBA (Marketing), Calcutta University; MBA (Finance), Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University; PhD (Asia Pacific Studies, FDI), Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University
Prior to joining the Doshisha Business School, Dr. Adhikary worked as a faculty at the Graduate School of Business Administration, Kobe University, and Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University. He also worked over eight years as a faculty at the Bangladesh Institute of Bank Management (a training, academic and research institute governed by the central bank of Bangladesh), Dhaka. He has substantial years of research experience in various finance and economic issues of the Asian economies, in particular.
Dr. Adhikary is presently conducting a research on the governance of family firms in Japan. His research interest includes earnings management, integrated reporting, Private Equity, Crowdfunding, venture capital, SME finance, and FDI. Dr. Adhikary obtained an MBA (finance) and a PhD from Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University, Japan. He also earned an MBA (marketing) from Calcutta University, India, and an M.Com (accounting) from the University of Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Does Equity Holding by Main Banks Affect Earnings Quality of Client Firms? Empirical Evidence from Japan, Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Vol. 42-43, 2017, pp. 56-73.
- Factors Influencing Foreign Direct Investment in South Asian Economies: A Comparative Analysis, South Asian Journal of Business Studies, Vol. 6, No.1, 2017, pp.1-32.
- Determinants of Financial Performance: Empirical Evidence from the Textile Sector in Bangladesh Journal of Accounting and Finance, Vol. 17(8), 2017, pp.110-120.